10 Unknown Facts about GTA V Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The game is played from…
- RPG: Encompasses a variety of different niches and sub-genres, ranging from tabletop gaming with cards and dice (Dungeons & Dragons) to video game RPGs (Fallout).
- ARPG: Action RPGs have a strong emphasis on combat but include many of the characteristics of a standard RPG, like The Witcher 3.
- CRPG: “Computer RPG” is typically used to describe Western-developed RPGs created for PC gamers, like the first two Fallout games.
- MMORPG: Combines the massively multiplayer online genre format with RPG gameplay, with notable titles like World of Warcraft, EVE Online, and Elder Scrolls Online.
- TRPG: Short for tactical role-playing games, TRPGs resemble strategy games but place a deeper emphasis on creative thinking and short-term decision-making, like the XCOM series.
- Roguelike: Strict definitions feature turn-based gameplay, some form of permadeath, tile graphics, and procedural generation. However, many newer and popular examples, like The Binding of Isaac and Spelunky, focus more on the action and platforming, respectively.
- Roguelite: Does not include one or more key elements of a typical roguelike. Definitions for this sub-genre will vary, but Rogue Legacy is a widely accepted example.
- The Witcher 3 (ARPG)
- Fallout 4
5 Less known Facts About Elden Rings Hidetaka Miyazaki and the rest of the development team at FromSoftware have had their biggest financial and critically-acclaimed launch yet in the…